Spartak Moscow away

Can someone please post a copy of the email text?

I've yet to receive TC/TO emails this season for such important details. Guess it might've been something to do with GDPR options but it's still not sorted.

Thanks in advance

Can someone please post a copy of the email text?

I've yet to receive TC/TO emails this season for such important details. Guess it might've been something to do with GDPR options but it's still not sorted.

Thanks in advance

I am pleased to inform you that you have been allocated an independent travel match ticket for the above game.

Tickets are priced at £17.50, and must be purchased online by clicking the link here, no later than Tuesday 23 October.

Please send a copy of your travel itinerary and your Russian travel visa to travelclub@rangers.co.uk. Once received your ticket will be available to collect in person from the Rangers Ticket Centre from Friday 26 October or alternatively if you have selected Special Delivery it will be posted from Friday 26 October.

Please be aware due to the time constraints involved, all tickets not purchased by the deadline will be re-allocated.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support.

The email is quite clear that only payment is required by Tuesday. Then says ticket can be collected once proof of visa/travel is emailed to travel club.

Ticket office saying if my Visa isn't here by Tuesday then I wont get a ticket. @Greg Marshall

Greg Marshall just confirmed on Twitter, you just need to order the ticket by Tuesday. You can collect from friday once you submit your visa documents but there is no deadline for the visa documents to be in. Just buy the ticket, wait for the visa and send a copy in when recieved and then collect the ticket or it will be sent after they receive the email

I received my passport back with a new page in it for my russian visa is this the same as everyone else yes?

Also is this the only documents we require for entering the country now, our passport?

I received my passport back with a new page in it for my russian visa is this the same as everyone else yes?

Also is this the only documents we require for entering the country now, our passport?

Yes.

Believe you also get given an immigration card to sign when you go through.

You keep 1 half and they keep the other. When you leave you must hand it back over, if you lose it, you pay a fine.

Last edited:
Just had an email from Marrion Marshall from the ticket office sent from the Travel Club email address:

Good Evening

Flight details and visa must be in before Friday 26th October.

Regards

Marion Marshall | Ticket Centre Administrator

@Greg Marshall again is she incorrect here as I know people not going for visas untill next week.

Just had an email from Marrion Marshall from the ticket office sent from the Travel Club email address:

Good Evening

Regards

@Greg Marshall again is she incorrect here as I know people not going for visas untill next week.

I can't get a visa till next week as I am constantly out of the country for work. Next week is the first week since the draw that I'm in the office all week....

Good Evening

Regards

I'm sure she has been with the travel club pre 2012 so it's not as if she is new to this. You would have thought that this would be the one trip they couldn't make as mess of.

I'm glad my visa arrived today as that's fights, hotel, visa, ticket and roubles sorted now :D

I meant when you go through immigration. They give you one.

Don’t they do this?
That's what it says on the FCO site last time I looked

Immigration cards
You must sign an immigration card every time you arrive in Russia. This will be given to you at passport control. The card is in 2 identical parts. One part will be retained by the Immigration Officer. You should keep the other part safe as you’ll need to submit this at passport control when you leave Russia. There are many hotels and hostels that will not accept guests without an immigration card. You can also be fined and your departure from Russia could be delayed.

Does the visa stay in your passport when you get home or do they rip it out when your leaving?

Good Evening

Regards

I hope she’s wrong as they tried to deliver mine yesterday but I was out and the next time I’ll be home is next Friday.

What's everyone doing about currency? Ordering roubles over here? (If so, where?) Or just lifting from an ATM over there.

Last edited:
What's everyone doing about currency? Ordering roubles over here? (If so, where?) Or just lifting from an ATM over there.
Ordered from sainsburys and got just over 80 to the pound. They were delivered today but only because I opted for it. The do store pick up if you are close to a big one. Tesco are similar

I hope she’s wrong as they tried to deliver mine yesterday but I was out and the next time I’ll be home is next Friday.
Not had any email and a bit concerned about this. I have my visa though. Why does it have to be so bloody difficult. The whole visa process was difficult enough and not sure why I have had no email from the TC.

Not had any email and a bit concerned about this. I have my visa though. Why does it have to be so bloody difficult. The whole visa process was difficult enough and not sure why I have had no email from the TC.

Log into your account and under Travel Club and matches you should have the option to buy? You need to email the TC a copy of your visa and itinerary.

Have you tried going into the ticket page and buying it. You might not need an email as long as you registered

as for currency I use the fairfx everywhere card you can load it with pounds and withdraw from atms in Russia in rubles or use it chip and pin in shops bars ect, go for the business and personal use card and it will cost 50p plus 1.4 % for every transaction instead of a pound for personal use.

as for currency I use the fairfx everywhere card you can load it with pounds and withdraw from atms in Russia in rubles or use it chip and pin in shops bars ect, go for the business and personal use card and it will cost 50p plus 1.4 % for every transaction instead of a pound for personal use.

I use Revolut. No fee for using card and cam withdraw up to £200 of foreign currency at an atm foc. It also converts at the same exchange rate as the banks give each other at the time of use.

Back