Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - Fri 13th October 19:45 - BT Sports**

Enjoyed that tonight, our shape looked a lot better and we defended well when under pressure.

Morelos and Pena together could be dynamite once they both fully settle. Morelos’s work rate was exceptional, Pena is superb at timing his runs and is showing flashes of brilliance.

Nice.

Weird one since it was never a performance for a 3-0 but to come away from a tricky fixture with a that scoreline is great news.

Good chance that Aberdeen drop points tomorrow and let us out more pressure on.

Once we overcame the wee spell they had at 60 mins, it was plain sailing in the 2nd half.

Alves & Dorrans were easily our best players. Alves really owns the backline whilst Dorrans was spraying the ball around brilliantly. Also can't knock Pena for scoring 2 - certainly looked a bit quicker & sharper & knows where the goal is & hopefully the improvement will transcend into his overall game which is patchy.

Fantastic to see.Now let’s enjoy that one tonight and continue this level of results going forward.

Mon the Pedro!!

Excellent result though not a great performance throughout (their roughhouse tactics worked for a while).
Impressed again with Morelos, he's a difficult to disposess and must be a a nightmare to play against. Would like to see him play with another striker then he'll bag a barrowload.

Good result despite not playing at our best.

2 good away wins, a win next week to put us in the final then Kilmarnock at home and maybe, just maybe we can build up a head of steam.

Well done The Rangers. Dorrans starting to look like the player we know he can be. Pena can only improve the more he plays, and his goals will give him confidence. This Bear's delighted!!

While it is not ideal to be conceding 17 corners, we defended the vast majority of them well which is a massive improvement on it's own. A big plus point for me.

Only thing commentators got right was that it was a good professional win. More of that please, can enjoy our weekend now.

Away on holiday early doors tomorrow and can now fully enjoy it. I'll even help my Mrs with the cases now. It's obvious she wasn't happy with me watching the game while she was sorting everything out.

A good solid performance from the Gers.

That was yer typical fiesty physical Scottish game and more than anything I'm glad we showed we were up for it. The refereeing once again was a joke at times with Robertson looking like he was determined to show parity in everythingrather than call the match by the laws of the game. Dorrans yellow was an absolute joke.

Two superbly taken goals by Pena from two world class crosses from Tav were the real highlights on the night, although it was fitting that the best player on the park, Dorrans, got himself on the scoresheet as well.

Onward and upwards Rangers!

good result. good to see pena getting more into the game and giving us more of an idea on what he could be. freddy giving his all up front as usual, alves being a rock and taking no shit at the back but

windass, 85 minutes of what? i really want him to succeed as there is a player in there but so anonymous, i just dont see how he lasted the 2nd half.

too many hoofs for clearances when a pass would have been better. a good hoof is better than a goal but a time and a place for everything.

the ref. again.

Great result tonight. Some of the tackles on our player's are atrocious, unfortunately one of our player's will sustain a serious injury if referees don't start dealing with these tackles.

Great result. Thought our work rate and fight was top notch. Alves a monster at the back. Dorrans running the show in midfield, Pena two great finishes and Morelos causing havoc up front. Well done Rangers.

Very good result against a well drilled team full of hacking b*****ds with the ref in their favour the whole game.
So glad for Pena...he can only get better and better, took his goals really well.
MOM for me though was Dorrans...class act.

Nice to see the players go out and mop the floor with that shower of shite, fat Tommy wont be bumping his gums now

I think I'm more chuffed about the clean sheet than anything else. A Rangers team that actually defended resolutely. The clean sheet also gives significant credit to Pedro, the coaches and the players, given that Pedro said that's what they'd been working on in the international break.

Very well done Rangers.

Decent performance although at 1-0 we don't control the game enough for me, my heart beat goes through the roof but considering that our center midfield have had little game time together could be expected plus I think we were trying to play the quick ball over the top so when it didn't come off we put ourselves under pressure but my main gripe is the Referee performance again , St Johnstone players leaving their foot in and fouls that should be yellow cards ignored but Rangers players booked without hesitation. We need to say something.

Two things for me terry butcher deary me and everyone should spend ten minutes of our games just watching Pena his movement and the space he finds is brilliant and everyone has a poor pass occasionally

Much better 2nd half. A match that could easily have been 6, 7, 8-0.

Three great goals, a clean sheet and excellent performances from Alves, Dorrans, Morelos... Pena continuing to get stronger.

Thought we defended the corners a lot better as well. Alves is much needed in there.

Had a tenner on over 2.5 goals, over 9 corners and over 20 goal kicks.

I'll be f ucking raging if that corner the prick of a Ref gave at the end instead of a GK turns out to have been the 21st.

Ref is determined to book us for any tackle

Them not so much

Wonder how @ontheline will defend him
Nothing to defend.
He showed them 3 yellows and sent one off.
Relax and enjoy the football.

I have no complaints. I was on here moaning we had no grit and togetherness when we played the scum.
We showed it tonight at the Alves and Dorrans bookings.

First time I've really enjoyed a game of football for fn ages! Great team performance, but Peña & Morelos showed that little bit of something special during what was, IMO, our best performance under Pedro.

Back