The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we would rather agree to structure the deal differently if they add in a percentage of next sale. If he has a good season he could move again next season for crazy EPL money
Came on to post similar mate. Rather than £10m and that’s it closed, something like £9/9.5m, x% his next move, £x amount if he reaches so many appearances. Purely hypothetical examples.
It’s utterly fucking ridiculous to slate and criticise the deal when no one actually knows what it includes.

£10m upfront reinvested in full I think we’ll end the window a much stronger team.

We’ve missed out on some quality players due to not being able to spend the £4-6m, two of those quality not quantity signings and we’re laughing.
Or do u take 8 million and 20% sell on fee?

£10m INCLUDING add ons, as in 8m rising to 10 type deal.

Maybe we get lucky and they agree to a sell on fee if they pay a little bit less upfront, that’s the way I’ve read that?

£10m allows us to bring in the players we need.

Four hopefully; striker, right sided attacker, attack minded central midfield and a CB or LB depending on what happens with Bassey/Barišić. I’m still not overly comfortable with Souttar and Helander given their injuries.

Getting Roofe off the wage bill and replacing him would be something I’d be happy with too.

Then we need to think about Kent and Morelos contracts.

If we are hoping to bring in 4 players with £10 million, bearing in mind that they will all be drawing a wage as well, then I'm not particularly excited about their likely quality. I'd rather we went out and spent say £6 million of it on a priority area and banked the rest. Aribo's wage covering most or all of the new signings wage.

Of course any signing is a gamble, but trying to bring in multiple signings with £10 million whilst increasing wage bill at same time doesn't really appeal to me. 1 stick-on first XI starter would be my preference.

I swear on Football Manager that add-ons don't count towards release clauses because there is no guarantee the add-ons are met and therefore the clause isn't met either.

elmo-shrug.gif

You’d unfortunately think if they’d offered £10m upfront, there’s be jo need to negotiate. The Athletic implies we’re trying to get a package adding to £10m which presumably features performance related clauses etc

We seem to have confusion here as to whether its 10m plus add ons or 10m including them. Anyone hear exactly what ssn said?
“Southampton in advanced talks to sign Rangers midlfielder Joe Aribo with deal close to being agreed for £10m including add ons”

That’s what’s on the yellow ticker.

Aribo for £10m is a steal but from what I gather that was a condition in his deal that his agent brokered.

With one year left, his market value was probably closer to £15m but we can’t complain. This is the beginning of the player trading model.

We now have a clear pathway to the EPL than we show to potential signings. Patterson to Everton and Aribo to Southampton.

Even at £10m, you lose a key player but you can bring in three quality players for that £10m if you spend wisely. Colak eats into £1.8m of that then you have £8m for two to three players.

I’d be expecting a right winger and an attacking midfielder even more so now Aribo is gone.
Paterson money as well

What Ormstein said. It’s that use of the phrase ‘total package’ that is concerning. Why even mention it rather than just say we won’t accept anything under the release clause?

Aribo’s contract has always included a £10 million release clause and it is understood that Rangers will not accept a total package below that value.

Interpretation of wording from a Sky report is a bit here and there - hopefully it's £10m + add ons - but we won't know until it is done, no sense in calling anything pathetic or panicking about unconfirmed details.

If it goes through, then Joe goes with all the best wishes in the world, he has played his best for Rangers and we can't ask more of the lad.

You're guessing if his stock has maxed out

He could have an astonishing season and develop yet further.

I hope he stays and has a storming season.

Is he going to have a season better than starring in a Europa League Final?

Chances are no.

We could win a domestic treble and teams down south wouldn't give a toss.

It makes sense to sell Aribo, we need income from sales and it's the right time for him to move on.

Thanks for everything big fella and all the best.

Saying that, we shouldn't allow him to leave until an adequate replacement is brought in.

You’d unfortunately think if they’d offered £10m upfront, there’s be jo need to negotiate. The Athletic implies we’re trying to get a package adding to £10m which presumably features performance related clauses etc
It's not lime the Patterson addons though, Joe will perform well and play most games. The addons won't be a problem IMO.

In the previous courtcase paperwork expectation was around £1.25m but no idea what we agreed on.

Without factoring in additional profit from Europa or commercial we would have had around a £5.5 - 6m excess after using reported Gerrard comp (£4m) and part of Patterson upfront fee (£9m) to cover the forecasted funding gap.

So even if Ashley was double the £1.25m there should be a profit of some sort available even before Aribo and Itten fee factored in.
That's not as bad as i feared!

A goalscoring 10 that can go right into the side is the priority replacement for Joe

I'd possibly, POSSIBLY, be willing to give that job to Hagi and Lowry next season and spend money on a proper goal scoring threat in final 3rd. A right-sided attacker or another striker depending on what the likely system Gio intends to go with majority of time.

*although admittedly, that's a lot of weight to place on Lowry's shoulders and Hagi is coming back from an ACL rupture, so might take time to get back to required level.

Came on to post similar mate. Rather than £10m and that’s it closed, something like £9/9.5m, x% his next move, £x amount if he reaches so many appearances. Purely hypothetical examples.
It’s utterly fucking ridiculous to slate and criticise the deal when no one actually knows what it includes.
We negotiated a good deal for Patterson and I’m sure we will do the same again and get the best deal we can under the circumstances

If it is £10m max INCLUDING add ons, then that is pretty pish. Although if it's performance and/or appearance related then he's good enough to get us them.

Interpretation of wording from a Sky report is a bit here and there - hopefully it's £10m + add ons - but we won't know until it is done, no sense in calling anything pathetic or panicking about unconfirmed details.

If it goes through, then Joe goes with all the best wishes in the world, he has played his best for Rangers and we can't ask more of the lad.

Sky saying £10M including add-ons

Talksport saying £10M plus add-ons.

I reckon Talksport will be closer to the truth. Skys rarely on the mark anymore

What Ormstein said. It’s that use of the phrase ‘total package’ that is concerning. Why even mention it rather than just say we won’t accept anything under the release clause?

Aribo’s contract has always included a £10 million release clause and it is understood that Rangers will not accept a total package below that value.
The only hope is we agree something like £8m upfront and then clauses of up to £5m plus a sell on. Technically none are a given but we could account for them as worth £2m, hence being able to book £10m all in.

Sky sports said it was 10m plus add ons. Then they've changed it to including add ons. A few other sources seem to be jumping between the two, slightly confusing but either way looks like Joe Aribo is off this time. Goodluck to the lad, Hel be hard to replace imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back