Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

You said when the chips were down you find out – he's got the assist to win the game with an outstanding cross and that still doesn't count for you?

Sums up your opinion on him, you only see what you want to see.

The question isn't if he or the team played well enough today, which is obviously a clear no. But you can't question him then ignore the answer.

I’m too busy enjoying the win to care just now but Tav is a worry going forward imo.

Thank god for that.

Morelos got us out of bother. What a finish for the 2nd & it was a fantastic cross from Tav.

Fair play to the manager for changing it & Lafferty certainly made a difference. Wallace did not bad as well despite clearly being a bit rusty.

But by god, I can't wait to see to the back of Worrall. Our defence was a shambles today both in a defensive sense and as a base to build attacks. No surprise who the change was at centre half

I think these collection of losers have gave up on the manager.

Doesn't matter what he says or does they don't give 2 fucks and have done this over the last 2 years and this team are doing the same.

Definitely. No fight whatsoever.

This is all very Warburton.

Even Warburton would have got a result here.

What is that? 5 out of 15 if we lose today?

That would be a disgrace

It definitely would be.

We’re a laughing stock I’m afraid

We are aren't we?

I have it's shite

You missed a 2-1 comeback. Enjoy celebrating a win you don't deserve to.

Be lucky if we score again in 2018 never mind in this game

I genuinely can't see us ever scoring again.

How many times are we as a support season after season sit through this shite when the moment of realisation comes where it hits home ,that's another title to the filth .

Expect St J to score again,the pressure will become very heavy for Gerrard soon ,fans can't take this every week

I turned it off at 2-o to them.

The interviewer after the game needs to ask the question about tactics, players playing for the manager, dressing room issues..

I hope they get to the bottom of it.

This is a fucking disgrace of a performance, only team that will score today is another one or two for St Johnstone.

I hope you had the mortgage on it.

Does anyone think we can seriously win the league with Halliday and McRorie in midfield?

What has McRorie done for us exactly apart from winning some tackles in midfield? His passing is average and he has absolutely no creativity.

McCrorie.

This is actually very worrying, the players have to take a huge share of the blame, but the buck stops with the manager.

The away performances have been disgraceful, Gerrrard doesn’t look like he has the first clue on how to change it and remedy the situation.

Bring back Pedro.

Is it next season yet?

Feel free to come back and join us next season for another go.

I'm sure we'll be promised a reaction against hibs

We have to put in a better performance than that one.

More lile pedro to me

Bring back Pedro.

December was a big month and this is what they serve up

Out of Europe, and sliding down the table with barely a whimper. Can anyone see us topping the league again this season?

We've slid from second to first to second. Disgraceful.

I’m sure you said the point I made last week about our performances being masked by Celtics dropped point wasn’t a valid one

Will just leave that there, we are likely to be 4 points behind then with them having a game in hand after today

It’s brutal

And my personal favourite.

I can't really remember this being said but I do remember saying that you can only compare where we are in a league challenge to the teams above us.

Right now, we're 1 point behind them at the halfway point. If they win a game in hand, it's 4.

I don't see any reason to even hope that we can win the league based on that disgraceful stat.

Yaaaaaasss!

Take heed, the same old cowards who come out on match threads "Told you were weren't winning this".

Our players can put in some shocking performances but I'm glad they don't have your mentality.

Now, lets go on and melt these spoon burning scumbags!
show me were you thought after 50 minutes in we were winning is, if you can hat off to you otherwise STFU

He’s not the only coach who has realised how to play us

People say this like they're coming away with Guardiola levels of insight.

Teams are well aware of how to contain teams in the modern game. Banks of 4 and 5 with one up top and fight like %^*&.

Unless you've got real quality in the attacking areas, it's a very difficult thing to break down.

Sometimes you manage it like we did today and others it doesn't quite click like Wednesday.

I’m glad Watt was on the pitch for that. 20 minutes of diving, kicking, cheating and bitching. And all for nothing. Ha fucking ha.

How did Wallace play?

Watched first half but went downstairs second and made my breakfast. Turned it back on at 1-1 and Morelos scored the winner.

It wasn’t great but we missed two/three good chances second half and scored two.

One simple thing the gaffer needs to realise.

CHANGE OF FORMATION

Teams have all week to set up how to play versus us.

I'm beginning to think we are going to have to play hoofball in more games.

"Rangers got away with it today"-Allan Preston.

"There was a free-kick and all the players were coming together and Morelos threw himself to the ground" - Dickie Gordon.

Meanwhile, the whingeing about his temperament is never far away.

Honestly, you'd think he was on the watch list to be a mass murderer the way the mhedia in this pathetic country go on.

If there are still alfie haters amongst us they should %^*& off and support another team, and that goes for the wanker that sits beside me at Ibrox who doesnt even celebrate when the wee man scores.

Alfie saves christmas...yasssssss
This happens?
Truly hard to believe.

Fair. F**king. Play Rangers, didn’t see that at half time, brilliant result and reaction.

Gives us momentum into these 2 huge games

never in a million years did i think we would win that, but the first goal changed everything, amazing turn around

A HUGE rethink has to be done before our next two games.

4-3-3 doesn't work against packed defences. The last few games prove that. The lack of shots at goal against Aberdeen, Dundee, Rapid Vienna, Hibs and St Johnstone today has to be addressed.

We simply can't keep giving the likes of Hibs and Celtic all the room they need in front of our midfield. We can't keep giving the ball away so cheaply time after time. Our passing, pressing and shooting HAS to improve, and quick.

We know they can do it, we saw it at the start of the season. If we don't start getting it back - right now - not only will we not win the league, we won't even make a race of it.

You can tell Gerrard is desperate to get to January and bring in someone.

He made the changes that won that game today.

Definitely. No fight whatsoever.

Even Warburton would have got a result here.

It definitely would be.

We are aren't we?

You missed a 2-1 comeback. Enjoy celebrating a win you don't deserve to.

I genuinely can't see us ever scoring again.

I turned it off at 2-o to them.

I hope they get to the bottom of it.

I hope you had the mortgage on it.

McCrorie.

Bring back Pedro.

Feel free to come back and join us next season for another go.

We have to put in a better performance than that one.

Bring back Pedro.

We've slid from second to first to second. Disgraceful.

And my personal favourite.

I can't really remember this being said but I do remember saying that you can only compare where we are in a league challenge to the teams above us.

Right now, we're 1 point behind them at the halfway point. If they win a game in hand, it's 4.

I don't see any reason to even hope that we can win the league based on that disgraceful stat.

Well played mate.

Back