Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

For 60 minutes I was absolutely disgusted with that.

Then we did what we had been screaming for;

Changed the formation to 2 upfront and suddenly we looked much more dangerous.

Suddenly we didn't have to endlessly try and play through the midfield with uncreative midfielders not suited to it.

Suddenly we could go direct and win headers and win second balls and get knock downs and get shots off and actually look threatening.

And Lafferty didn't even play particularly well (infact he missed another sitter) but just his presence, the extra body in the box occupying the centre backs and the change in shape gave Morelos that bit more space to win us the game.

Thank feck because at half time I was fixing to tan my wrists.

I'm beginning to think we are going to have to play hoofball in more games.

Yeah we had to do it versus hearts. And it worked.

Once we get the lead being more direct we are then more free to play an expansive game.

To the poet that came
Hate to put a dampener on a win but we were dreadful again today until the last 25 minutes.

Worrall and Goldson can't play together. Simple as that.

Worrall looks lost at times and Goldson has cost us with far too many individual errors this season.

Worrall is a bombscare, possibly the eorst centre half I have seen for us and I include cribari in that

Definitely. No fight whatsoever.

Watch Gerrads reaction and come back to me ,trying to be a smart arse after the game is very easy

Even Warburton would have got a result here.

It definitely would be.

We are aren't we?

You missed a 2-1 comeback. Enjoy celebrating a win you don't deserve to.

I genuinely can't see us ever scoring again.

I turned it off at 2-o to them.

I hope they get to the bottom of it.

I hope you had the mortgage on it.

McCrorie.

Bring back Pedro.

Feel free to come back and join us next season for another go.

We have to put in a better performance than that one.

Bring back Pedro.

We've slid from second to first to second. Disgraceful.

And my personal favourite.

I can't really remember this being said but I do remember saying that you can only compare where we are in a league challenge to the teams above us.

Right now, we're 1 point behind them at the halfway point. If they win a game in hand, it's 4.

I don't see any reason to even hope that we can win the league based on that disgraceful stat.

Sitting at work watching this last twenty.
My feed is ten seconds or so in front of another guy’s feed and he’s watching this with a colleague.
Given their raised voices, raised so that I can hear them, I’m guessing they’re septic fans.
Rangers score the winner and I, having already made my mind up not to, don’t celebrate.
Instead, I’m waiting for these guys to “know before me”.
It was a long ten to fifteen seconds but they look on they’re faces was well worth it.
One for the “daily tale”?

He needs to carry the can for poor performances. Getting bored of hearing him blaming the teams he is constantly changing.
Nothing to carry the can for today.
I didn’t see the whole game but I understand we weren’t too good.
I’ll tell you what though,
I’m happier just now than I was ten minutes after the final whistle on Wednesday, despite our great performance.

Hate to put a dampener on a win but we were dreadful again today until the last 25 minutes.

Worrall looks lost at times and Goldson has cost us with far too many individual errors this season.

As I posted earlier Goldson has regularly been shunted to left CB , where he is much less comfortable, to accomodate Worral and McAuley.

I am sure it is no surprise that things got better today when Goldson and Worral swapped sides !

Last edited:
Could be a really important couple of points, showed some real grit pulling it back! Anyone else think Lafferty got Morelos his booking after scoring, Morelos trying to get away from Lafferty and the touchline and Lafferty dragging him towards it.
Maybe wants him suspended for a guaranteed start?

firmly tongue in cheek before anyone starts ;):p

I said thoroughly deserved earlier but it seems I am in the minority.

Granted, I'm at work and was watching it on and off but to me it looked like there would only be one winner in the second half.

That was a tricky fixture and I'm encouraged by much of what I've seen over the last couple of games.

Morelos winner right at the end and Tommy Wright foaming at the mouth, that's the way this game ends hopefully.

giphy.gif

He needs to carry the can for poor performances. Getting bored of hearing him blaming the teams he is constantly changing.
Agree, we have seen that first half performance time and time again this season yet we set up the same way. At least he went 2 up front with enough time to turn it around

Because we're Rangers with vastly superior players, playing against St Johnstone - regardless of the first 50 minutes.

Believing you can still win is the reason winners go on and prove it.

Losers whine.
Must admit I couldn’t see a goal coming in the first hour but as soon as alfies header went in,my gut was telling me we were winning it

Sitting at work watching this last twenty.
My feed is ten seconds or so in front of another guy’s feed and he’s watching this with a colleague.
Given their raised voices, raised so that I can hear them, I’m guessing they’re septic fans.
Rangers score the winner and I, having already made my mind up not to, don’t celebrate.
Instead, I’m waiting for these guys to “know before me”.
It was a long ten to fifteen seconds but they look on they’re faces was well worth it.
One for the “daily tale”?

Watched it in work with a septic work mate.

Was adamant he ‘didn’t care’.

To all the lurking tims and panty wetters with fucking stupid comments during the game I hope you are as happy with the result as I am regardless of the performance.
Suppose before Morelos scored you were sitting giving it your best captain Mannering impression while puffing on your cigar, Your comments are stupid,people had every right to be concerned up until that point about such a shite performance and regardless of winning it was still a shite performance,so don't kid yourself.

We played Hamilton and St Mirren away, were absolutely honking, created little but ground out 3pts on each game. The quotes on here we’re “not good enough etc”

We play well at Hibs but draw 0-0 and some of the quotes on here are “best away performance of the season... play like that and we’ll smash teams”

I know what I’d rather today!

3pts please, in any flavour that they come.

Bump, bump, bumpety bump :p

Merry Christmas bears

To all the lurking tims and panty wetters with fucking stupid comments during the game I hope you are as happy with the result as I am regardless of the performance.

I don't share your gracious spirit.

Negative people help create a negative atmosphere. All it takes is a few hundred moaning faced defeatists to mutter on about how rubbish everything is for other people to react to it.

They need to be shamed and shown up for it.

I've said on here before it's a personality trait but it's something they can work on with an ounce of self-reflection and awareness.

Anything near that performance against the tims and it's not ending well for us.
If we perform that way against them, and come away with a 2-1 victory, I will be fcuking delighted.

We played well against Hivs and got 1 point, we played sh1t for an hour today and got three points.

It's a funny old game.

People have been focusing on Worrall, Katic and MacAuley but I honestly think Goldson is garbage. He’d be decried as a bombscare in years gone by.

In positive news Ross McCrorie had a good game and as for Morelos not being a big game player? Pah. Absolute top class

Back