Match Thread Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

I'll expect the same old sound bites and promises.
Yes, the ref was shocking and there is an agenda against us but that team is fcuk8ng hopeless. Let's be honest.

Really poor today but is there anywhere we can go at the moment? I don't know what the answer is. I don' think a change of manager every season is the way to go. At the moment I think we just need to back him. However, worrying last month or so Pittodrie aside.

Far too early to changing a manager still in support of him but just because he's Steven Gerrard doesn't put him above criticism

January window was shocking we badly needed a creative spark and a striker to take the weight off Morelos what we got was two old players who are well past their prime.

Gaffers striker signings have been woeful.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder in the winter break and not signing one is costing g us the league. We can’t open up teams that sit in.

433 with two average wide players who barely score absolutely kills me. It’s dreadful to watch. Without Morelos we have nothing.
The rest of the team are so poor they don’t know how to change it to suit a player like Defoe.

without morelos we have nothing in a 4-3-3. Its obvious to anyone that Defoe cant play on his own in a front 3 so i don't know why we even try it?

Unfortunately this is a Rangers team that sadly doesn't have the character to win this title. Aberdeen, Celtic and Kilmarnock all turn games like this into 3 points. We just can't manage it.

No desire shown today which is the most disappointing thing. That was a big blow to hopes of winning the league.

The kind of game that shows us we are a long way from the finished article. Kamara can hold his head up high and so can Fod. The others, simply not good enough.

Second game in a row where we have been a directionless mess without Morelos. Not good enough from Gerrard or the players

McLean is an awful referee or just cheats, he’s fly with it but gives Rangers nothing, never plays advantage and always pulls us back. He disrupts the whole flow of the game, I get the impression he loves to be center of attention.

Disgusting performance

Each and every player should be utterly ashamed of themselves as should the management team.

Go the whole hog and get us papped out the cup and we can forget the whole thing cos if we play like that it's done on wednesday
Realistically could be season over - at least Murty kept it going a few more weeks last year

Not good enough by any stretch of the imagination. Just not good enough. We are so one dimensional it's criminal.

The only saving grace is that the filth are gash and I can see them losing tomorrow but this is a big chance missed.

We are absolute garbage, Kamara apart every one of those guys were passengers.

How can we have Steven Gerrard, Garry Mac, Michael Beale, Tom Culshaw etc and the best they can come up with is bring on lafferty and punt the ball at him. woeful.

Feels like a defeat and might as well have been.
Don’t deserve to win the title if we can’t win games like these.
We knew how they were going to play and yet again still can’t do anything about it.
Make players like Foster and Broadfoot look like Malldini and Baresi.
Not good enough and no excuse for it.

To be honest the league was done when we lost at rugby park. However 2nd place is still very far from being a given and results like this will give the likes of Kilmarnock and the sheep a boost.

Killie could beat those bastards tomorrow and it still wouldn't make up for that. Sounds stupid to say but we really bring it on ourselves. Can't post 4 wins on the bounce FFS. Atrocious

That's it all over I think

Killie may do something tomorrow aye, but this team doesn't have it in them to win games consistently.

The tactics in some games are utterly woeful to be honest. Hoofing long balls to Lafferty who has never been and never will be a target man. Defoe has been a waste of time as we don't play a way that suits him.

That is two full games without one bit of quality shown from us now.

Without Morelos we are pretty evenly matched with sides like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone.

Grim.

We're just not good enough to put in a proper title challenge yet. We have absolutely no idea how to break down a well organised team.

Today was pedestrian from kick off, which was hugely disappointing, but there's at least 5 or 6 players in that team who we can't win a league with.

Why are we insisting on Defoe leading the line on his own? It didn’t work against Killie, so why persist? If Laff is fit enough for the bench, he should start. He’s more capable of holding up play in a similar way to Morelos. Defoe isn’t that kind of striker.

Pïss poor today.

Any teams who sit tight and make themselves compact will also get joy against us. Morelos aside, we have zero guile. Plodders, workmen and bang average journeymen.

The tims are unfortunately back to battering teams, it was over before today for me.
They have a lot of games to play and there's a chance they will drop points. I reckon we were still in with a chance. Not after today rite enuf. It's gone now.

We just didn't try hard enuf today.

Sorry but that’s pish and I don’t really see any semblance of Gerrard working this out.

We’re a bit of a one man team, take one player out and we look spineless, toothless and absolutely impotent.

Exact same performances under previous Managers would have seen them get far more criticism than SG. As you say there is very little to suggest that he is working things out.

We have no creativity or guile from midfield. Kamara is not the answer to that issue either. We need someone who can drive and shoot from distance. We are slow and ponderous in possession and our passing is slack. We have one tactic and that is to punt the ball to Alfredo and he can hold it up and make something happen. Still a lot of surgery required to make this team work.

We lack attacking players with any composure. Either they misplace passes, take the wrong option or blast the ball over the bar. Many simply not good enough.

Back