Managerial update

I think Gio is favourite at the moment, and rightly so, but this guy Knutsen sounds like he could be a really good fit. The only issue with him is he would really have to hit the ground running. I think we as a support would give Gio a wee bit more time because we know him. Knutsen wouldn't get that luxury.

Knutsen could also just be really suited to where he is at the moment, but he does tick an awful lot of boxes.

An interesting one for sure.

The thing with Lampard, who i'm not keen on, is he would be following the man he's been compared to his entire career.

If Lampard came and didn't win the league would that then answer the question once and for all? Would that feature in his thinking?

These guys didn’t get to where they were/are in football with a mentality like “what if I don’t win this or that”

They are born winners who would back themselves in any situation at any team regardless of what has happened in the past.

There will be £4.5m compo from Gerrard and his team leaving, then the wages drop if we dont replace all 6 memebers of staff he took with him

Id imagine we'll sell Goldson in January if hes not signed yet also
Goldson will not be sold against his will. He is running down his contract for a reason.

It's gonna be difficult for any potential new manager, consider we haven't a shilling to spend at the minute.
The new manager will still have the strongest squad in Scotland without spending a shilling.
If he sells he'll be able to buy. Player trading has all been about incoming players to date. However, I think there will be a much stronger focus on developing players, buying players to sell, and getting more out of players quicker.
The new manager will need to understand how essential player trading is to Rangers. It's going to mean using a younger squad, and moving players out at the right time. Very few players in our squad should be older than 29. I think this requirement of player trading has probably played a big part in Stevie G's decision to move on.

No chance.

Ajer
Cooper
Duffy
Hanley
Lascelles

All EPL defenders - all who Goldson could easily compete with.

That’s without me doing any actual research into the Watford, Burnley, Southampton’s etc of this world.

Goldson could play for a 10-20 team in the EPL and not look like a donkey.
Yes, dont know why people persist with that ridiculous assertion.

Not every defender in the EPL is Varane.

And there's many pretty poor ones playing down there.

I have a suspicion that if Gio’s terms are right then he’ll be appointed. The “not rushing it” “speaking to others” is most likely a negotiating position with Gio, and a way of making sure we don’t look stupid if it falls through the way the scum looked with Howe.

- Rangers have held talks with former player Giovanni van Bronckhorst in London today – with other candidates due to speak to the club this weekend

- Rangers have a shortlist in place as they search for Steven Gerrard’s successor

- I understand former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes plus ex-Rangers player Rino Gatusso are not options being considered by the club

- Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson is leading the search with the club understood to be focused on getting the right fit for the job and not rushing into a decision

Love every bit of that, apart from the not rushing into it part, which is of course diligent and professional from a Rangers point of view and like a kid on Christmas Eve from me.

GVB for me. For his achievements and his links to us.
No disrespect to Lampard but there’s more of a chance if he was to do well here and an EPL club came calling he would do exactly the same as Gerrard and dump us like a ton of bricks.
I just get the feeling GVB might stay a bit longer if he was successful.
Anyone got a spare crystal ball.? :D

It's gonna be difficult for any potential new manager, consider we haven't a shilling to spend at the minute.
Current squad are 4 points clear at the top of the league. Some key figures coming back from injury. A goid manager should be able to win the league from here without investment.

No chance.

Ajer
Cooper
Duffy
Hanley
Lascelles

All EPL defenders - all who Goldson could easily compete with.

That’s without me doing any actual research into the Watford, Burnley, Southampton’s etc of this world.

Goldson could play for a 10-20 team in the EPL and not look like a donkey.
Agreed. Whilst we have a sour taste regarding Gerrard and Goldson contract without a doubt he could cut it down there. Even as a 3rd choice CB.

It’s fine when it’s going well, but how quickly did ‘Stevie G’ become Gerrard this week? (Or after 7 minutes of most match threads!)

Knutsen could be much more problematic there, risk of him getting shortened to the Kunt after a couple of dodgy results!

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Mark what do you think of present board they gave loans for equity charging interest on loans which is there right but the big fundamental which they are shocking at is sponsership commercial activities which are really poor we are not getting enough money in from them if we were would not be making big losses every year somebody needs to step up big time just hope they don’t say to gvb you have nothing to spend and we end up with a total diddy
I've read this 5 times and have no idea what it means

Get the also rans interviewed ASAP and Gio announced Monday morning then we can get on with getting ready for Sunday. The players need certainty going into the Hivs game.

Mark what do you think of present board they gave loans for equity charging interest on loans which is there right but the big fundamental which they are shocking at is sponsership commercial activities which are really poor we are not getting enough money in from them if we were would not be making big losses every year somebody needs to step up big time just hope they don’t say to gvb you have nothing to spend and we end up with a total diddy
. . . . . , , , ? ? !

Here you go. If you're short on punctuation just say so and we can all chip in.

GVB being mentioned in the Rangers statement, and Lampard not, makes me think he isn’t.

If Lampard ends up being appointed, it'll only be because a deal couldn’t be done with GVB.

Think it was common knowledge with Gio witb the leaked flight plan and being video’d at LCY this morning.

They [the club] haven’t officially said anything. Its just that we know when it comes from certain people its came from the club.

Back