The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lot across the city strengthened and did so again in January - ultimately that won them the league - as of now they have strengthened again - as much as it’s early days in the transfer window - it’s imperative that we strengthen also and do not make the same mistakes
Are you referring to CCV and Jota? If so, I'd argue they've remained the same in terms of quality on the park. Siegrist as a back-up goalkeeper is a decent bit of business.

Those on about Aribo likely to depart when the alleged £10m release clause kicks in next week

Surely if the club know he’s wanting to go to the EPL, and his agent has told us about any intentions, we could just tell his agent we’ll sell him for £10m today rather than wait a week?

Let’s us get money in and possibly speed up our business by a week
Alternatively we hang fire with out goings until we bring players in.

If clubs are aware if us getting money in they may try to increase the price of our targets.

I’ve never seen a Rangers team perform in Europe as well as the ‘current crop’, people who want to rip this whole squad apart as it seems on here and lose that are mad.

We have had great individual players through the years but rarely if ever have we had a team that can go toe to toe in Europe and not get taken apart.
I think Gio will want to keep the bulk of that squad,given the team spirit in it. When you think we got to the final of the Europa League missing our two main strikers,says something of the team the way everyone stepped up. I'd still like us to replace big Leon,just as strong a defender in the same mould as we don't know what's going to happen with Fil or Nico. If we can add two or three quality players added to what we have,I'd be happy with that.

Those on about Aribo likely to depart when the alleged £10m release clause kicks in next week

Surely if the club know he’s wanting to go to the EPL, and his agent has told us about any intentions, we could just tell his agent we’ll sell him for £10m today rather than wait a week?

Let’s us get money in and possibly speed up our business by a week

A poster earlier mentioned this - I think we're hoping to make sales after the end of the financial year as such on June 30th.

We're going to have tax taken from any profit we make, so it might be best if we push the incomings into the next year which may not be as profitable as this one (of course, it could be more, remains to be seen).

True but given Greg Taylor is their left back, Douglas Bader would be an upgrade.

Taylor does ok for them I reckon. They should be able to do better but he's generally fine.

They've had a few players in that haven't done better in recent seasons - Bolingoli, Laxalt, Scales - the new signing might be much better but I don't think it's an absolute certainty yet.

In most walks of life we don't sign relatively short term contracts that are so heavily reliant on performance, mind you.

I can fall asleep at my desk at least once every day and still get paid the same!

I book a meeting room every day so I can fall asleep in private. If I feel particularly susceptible, I work from home:D.

If we advertised that we'd deal at £10M for Aribo clubs would simply offer £8M with a few bonuses to see if we'd bite.

It's a seller's market at this time of year so we must take advantage of that.

You're not going to get a like for like replacement for any player we sell.

That's where scouting, coaching and tactics are key for any replacement.

There's going to be a rather predictable meltdown in this thread when an Aribo is sold for around £10m and the replacement comes in around the £2-3m price range. Anyone expecting 6-7m signings is likely setting themselves up for a disappointment!

A poster earlier mentioned this - I think we're hoping to make sales after the end of the financial year as such on June 30th.

We're going to have tax taken from any profit we make, so it might be best if we push the incomings into the next year which may not be as profitable as this one (of course, it could be more, remains to be seen).
I don’t support them across the city so can’t call myself an accountant, but would we not then want to get some incomings over the line prior to that date in that case?

I have no knowledge in this area so a totally uneducated observation which could be miles off.

I’m still relaxed about not signing anyone as of yet, if we are still in the same position in a few weeks however that’s when you start panicking.

There's going to be a rather predictable meltdown in this thread when an Aribo is sold for around £10m and the replacement comes in around the £2-3m price range. Anyone expecting 6-7m signings is likely setting themselves up for a disappointment!
Absolutely.
That fee, if correct, will probably see us bring in 2 or 3 players, and if we do it correctly, can actually end up strengthening us rather than leaving us weaker having sold an important player.

Not so much ripping up the team but the need to freshen it up and improve further. We never done it last summer and we lost our title as Champions. I don't agree with some of the new contracts handed out but it is what it is.

Problem for us is the amount of players reaching the final year of their contracts over the next year +. We cannot afford to let them leave on a free so if they don't sign up, we need to move them on.

Their also becomes a point where a player(s) have reached their shelf life at a club and it's best for both parties that they move on. That's part and parcel of football.

Liverpool have been successful with a core of players over the last few seasons but even their support realize the need to freshen up and move on - fortunately for them, they are in a completely different ball game.

Pre-season starts on Monday, Champions League qualifiers begin in 5 weeks. Forget our European adventures last season because navigating the CL qualifiers this early in the season are not easy, especially if you are not prepared.

The Daily Rectum is linking us to Thijs Dallinga, a 21-year-old striker from Dutch club Excelsior who have just been promoted back to the top division. Goal France seems to be the source of it. No quotes or anything of course.
the one I really hpoe we get above all others, really hope this is true, fingers crossed for this rumor to be true

I don’t support them across the city so can’t call myself an accountant, but would we not then want to get some incomings over the line prior to that date in that case?

I have no knowledge in this area so a totally uneducated observation which could be miles off.

Possibly, yeah. It does seem like we've been making moves that way as per the reported bid for Colak.

Not really.

If we get an offer of £10m for a player and turn it down. First thing the player is asking to be paid commensurate with the level we feel he is worth. Whatever that may be.

It's a difficult balancing act.
Probably not that simple. If he loves yhe club and is enjoying it he, and his agent, know the wage structure. If he wants the money, he will go whether that's now, or in a year.

He will want a pay rise. If we can afford it, it would be my first choice. Brilliant big player. He was severely overplayed last season though.

And a massive factor in that has been the fact they've been able to stay together for a few years and grow as a team at that level.

Yes. Of course if players aren’t interested in new deals then we have to sell, but if they are it’s worth keeping the important players and adding here and there, and if big offers come in then deal with that then. I’m defo not for chasing players out the door the way some are.

Keep hearing about how we have an old squad because we’ve retained some experienced players, but the players that wed consider nailed on starters are all either young or at their peak.

Not so much ripping up the team but the need to freshen it up and improve further. We never done it last summer and we lost our title as Champions. I don't agree with some of the new contracts handed out but it is what it is.

Problem for us is the amount of players reaching the final year of their contracts over the next year +. We cannot afford to let them leave on a free so if they don't sign up, we need to move them on.

Their also becomes a point where a player(s) have reached their shelf life at a club and it's best for both parties that they move on. That's part and parcel of football.

Liverpool have been successful with a core of players over the last few seasons but even their support realize the need to freshen up and move on - fortunately for them, they are in a completely different ball game.

Pre-season starts on Monday, Champions League qualifiers begin in 5 weeks. Forget our European adventures last season because navigating the CL qualifiers this early in the season are not easy, especially if you are not prepared.

This is one area where I'm not convinced I agree with the standard thinking. Liverpool fans would have been happy to see major changes to their team at the end of the season before last, yet that squad, with very few signings, made it to three finals and were only just pipped to the league. I think their fans are wrong.

I look at the top clubs in Europe, the successful ones, and most of them have squads that have been together for years. Even in the past, dominant teams had a similar approach. I know we're not shopping or playing at the level they are, but I also don't think players at Rangers have a shelf life of 3 or 4 years.

I do accept that it's very much dependent upon the individual, and that playing in Scotland is potentially more of a mental grind than most leagues, but I've no fear at all of going another season with largely the same squad. I think as an overall, we still have plenty of potential for growth.

Tracking runners used to be an issue for Aribo when he played in that left of the midfield three position in Gerrard’s system. Not a problem since Gio has come in.
Best example of this was the Malmo 2nd leg when he played LM. I can’t even remember why we had to play him there that game but I felt it was a big reason for the performance

Surely we have many many millions of accrued tax losses which we would offset any taxable profit against, the effect of which would be no tax payable and just a reduction in our carried forward tax losses?

The Daily Rectum is linking us to Thijs Dallinga, a 21-year-old striker from Dutch club Excelsior who have just been promoted back to the top division. Goal France seems to be the source of it. No quotes or anything of course.
This is the sort of signing I was expecting to come from Dave Vos.
He would know about a player like that and the player would know about him, GVB and big Roy.

I’ve never seen a Rangers team perform in Europe as well as the ‘current crop’, people who want to rip this whole squad apart as it seems on here and lose that are mad.

We have had great individual players through the years but rarely if ever have we had a team that can go toe to toe in Europe and not get taken apart.
I have no desire to rip this squad to bits but there is a finacial reality we have to take into account.

If we have offers on the table for anyone in their last year and they refuse to sign an extension i would be looking to sell.

Doesn't mean i don't appreciate their effort for us, doesn't mean they will sign either. But the reality is we cant afford to have 40 millions quids worth of talent to walk out the door next year for nothing. We need to generate cash from player trading, we must start that.

Looking at it another way. If those clinging to the players were told GVB would have 30 million (made up number but depending on sales could be a reasonable guess) for a re fresh / re build. Would that ease their anxiety a bit?

Didn't do so well in the CL qualifiers last season unless I'm mistaken

Unless sarcasm is involved here
That was the one bad qualifier we have had in 4 years.

Ultimately Gerrard has to carry the can for that, we were miles off it going into last season and it showed, winning against ten men at home, then fecking it up was not due to the squad not being good enough.

We would all like players in pronto but if we can start the season well prepared then this squad is more than good enough to negotiate a couple of CL qualifiers.

I think it needs time mate, given that it was neglected for a number of years.

We are moving forward now. The Scotland youth squads now regularly have a handful of young Rangers players.

In the years ahead that will translate to first team players & sellable assets imo.
That’s true GY. A lot of wasted years where it treaded water. I am just desperate to get the club back to a solid foundation as until then we will struggle to compete financially. A profitable academy both in money terms and providing us with first team players is part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back